John Toohey Chambers
In 1995 Brendan founded his own firm, later joining with a midsize City firm. From December 2001 he again practiced on his own account before joining the Bar in 2005.
Brendan practices in a range of areas with an emphasis on:
* equity & trusts (including review of trustee decisions & disputes involving superannuation funds)
* property law
* banking & finance
* bankruptcy & insolvency
* commercial law & trade practices
* family law property matters (appeals and matters involving trusts, superannuation funds, company & third party issues)
* wills, estates and contested probate matters
* intellectual property (particularly Trade Marks & passing off)
* constitutional issues
* private international law
Brendan regularly appears as counsel before all courts and various tribunals at trial and appellate level. Brendan is a Certified Trusts and Estate Practitioner.
Brendan is a member of the Mental Health Human Research Ethics Committee (North Metropolitan Health Service) and the Legal Costs Committee.
Brendan was previously a member of the Child and Adolescent Health Service Board (and the Board's Audit & Risk Committee) from 2016 to 2018, and Governing Council from 2012. Brendan has also been a member of the Council of the Law Society of WA, the Council of the Western Australian Bar Association, a board member of the Mental Health Law Centre (WA) Inc and a member of the Football West (soccer) Grievances and Appeals Tribunal.
Further information is also available at: